Character Design - Task 3&4: Execution and Character Bible

8.11.21 - 2.12.21  (week 12 - week 15)

Sajiya Mir (0340836)
Character Design 
Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
TASK 3&4:  Execution and Character Bible

Instructions



Task 3

Week 12:

Before coloring my character I did a value study and also an alighting study to see where lights would come from to give the character more depth. 


Fig.1.0 Value and Light


For the final I changed the color scheme of the character, I looked at references of clothing and took the most common ones such as deep red and black then I also added colors such as pastel blue and green to add something unique to the characters' outfits. I didn't want the outfit to look like something that already exist because she is from a different world. I kept the gold accents the same as it complemented well with the outfit. 


Fig.1.1 Color Process 1

Fig.1.2 Color Process 2


Fig.1.3 Final Color_Png


Finally, for the background of the character, I wanted to show a bit of where she is from so I drew a scenery of the grassland. The colors I used were pastel to compliment the character and make it stand it out. 

Fig.1.3 Final Color Background_Png

Task 4


My 3D render poses for my character is a bit different because it was advised by Mr. Kannan our anatomy lecturer that the pose could be more interesting if I tried something different. As I initially designed the staff to have a detachable lantern I decided to have her hold it instead. 

Fig.1.4 Final Character Clay render_Png

Fig.1.5 Final Render_Png


Fig.1.6 Character Bible _PDF

Feedback

[Week 12]:

- Make the skirt shorter or longer than the knee to make it more slowly. The explanation you gave about the pose selection, add it to your character bible to flare your design. 

Reflection

Ms. Anis was a breath of fresh air during this stressful semester; she was so understanding and supportive that she made this module enjoyable. This module taught me a lot about how to create a character, give it a story, and make it unique. This module taught me that every detail or prop I add should have a reason behind it. Character design has become something I really enjoy and hope to continue doing; this module taught me the fundamentals to get me started, and hopefully I can take what I learned here and continue to improve. Overall, I was very pleased with what I was able to accomplish.


Comments